Just looking

The CopperRange.org Discussion Board: CopperRange.org Guestbook: Just looking
By Sharon E. Cross (68.21.74.4) on Saturday, February 22, 2003 - 3:48 pm:

I surfed you site today and see where I am going to have to return when I have more time. I found many links I want to check out. I am mainly interested in getting information on Atlantic Mine MI and how the mining companies leased the land. My grandfather had a lease back in the late 1800's or earl 1900'a until his death in 1958. He came to the US in 1897 from Finland. I also am looking for sources to trace my family on Grandma's side. Hopefully the links will help me. Thank you for creating this site. I will return. Sharon in Toledo OH

By Daniel Nicholson (202.138.146.59) on Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 6:39 am:

My Grandfather Adna Nicholson worked at the mine in Painesedale in the early 1900's and lived at the west end of Baltic Street where he shared a "Double House" with Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Dally. That is where my father Kenneth A. Nicholson was born. They survived the assault on the house Dec. 7th, 1913 by disgruntled Finnish imigrant miners named Hutta, and an Austrian named Verbanac. Grandfather moved the family to Detroit in the 20's

By Sue Samotis Harry (68.78.17.248) on Sunday, April 03, 2005 - 7:03 pm:

I am enjoying the old pictures and articles on your site very much. My Grandfather worked in the Redridge stamp mill, lived in one of the rental houses there with his family, and my father was born there. Many of my ancestors worked in the Calumet and Hecla mines. My other Grandfather worked in the Gay stamp mill and raised his family in that town. I also find the pictures and articles on the old bridges spanning the Portage Lake very interesting. Thank you for sharing them with us.