Copper Range Passenger Cars

The CopperRange.org Discussion Board: Modeling Michigan Railroads: Copper Range Passenger Cars
By Win Tucker (138.89.165.30) on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 2:01 pm:

Does anyone know of any O gauge manufacturer
that produced passenger cars like the
type used on the CRR. Open ended vestibule
type.I'd like to set up a "School Train".

By Paul Meier (12.158.3.254) on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 7:45 pm:

Win,
There probably isn't an easy source for those. La Belle made wood kits in both HO and O back in the '70's that were a good start. I did a couple in HO back then. Last I heard or saw, somebody in Indiana was producing those kits in HO, but I don't know about the O scale versions. I am not that fluent in O scale to know of any others. You might want to try to find the "new" La Belle or hunt the swap meets for the old. These kits are really more like scratch building, the roof is a milled piece and the rest is sticks, they build up nice and you can easily modify them, but they are for advanced modelers. Another route might be to find a standard car in plastic and replace the steel sides with Evergreen Styrene car siding.

By Harry Vitek (205.188.199.153) on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 1:15 pm:

Win,
LaBelle Woodworking is still in business @ P.O.Box 391, Cheyenne, Wy. 82003 or you can view there catalog @ www.labellemodels.com.

By Win Tucker (138.89.166.37) on Saturday, May 11, 2002 - 1:53 pm:

Paul & Harry - Thanks for the info. I purchased
a Labelle kit [O gauge] and it is a scratch build
kit. It's going together very well. Now I have to
find some trucks [3 rail type] to fit. Hope to
have a picture on completion.

By Harry Vitek (64.12.97.13) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 1:28 pm:

Copper Range passenger equipment starting with baggage cars numbered 1&2 thru 100 the "Miscowaubic". Can someone tell me which ones were in regular service (not M.oW.) during WW#2 till the end and painted in the Milwaukee Road colors. Did the baggage cars no. 1&2 ever wear Milwaukee Road colors before M.oW. service?

By Kevin Musser (24.231.178.99) on Sunday, September 28, 2003 - 2:45 pm:

It is my understanding that #60 coach and #26 combine were used by Copper Range during the 40's.

By Harry Vitek (64.12.117.23) on Friday, June 04, 2004 - 11:05 am:

Having built & painted in Milwaukee Road colors from Labelle HO kits, models of both #26 & #60 I see by photos on this web site the head board lettering "Copper Range" is gold. My question is, what color is the numbering on both & the "Railway Express Agency" on # 26? Also was the lettering on the "Ranger" also in gold?

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.