CRRR & others

The CopperRange.org Discussion Board: Upper Peninsula Railroads: CRRR & others
By Josh Baakko (208.5.148.244) on Monday, January 30, 2006 - 11:58 pm:

I would like a little more prototype info to elborate on the rock cars thread. How was mass copper transported? Were flat cars or gondolas used? I'm planning a "modern rendition" of Copper Country mining, semi-modern Model RR with an underground copper mine, RR transfer of copper bearing rock & mass copper to a stamp mill, and ingot casting facility complete with a stamp sand pile. Ingots will then be sent to other regions for "processing". I know the ingots were shipped by boat, but were they ever shipped by rail in boxcars?

By dbaukus (24.208.41.137) on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 9:16 pm:

I know that copper was shipped in box cars. A friend once had to move a load of it from one car to another. But if I remember correctly, the copper was in flat sheets. Are you the guy looking for COPR decals?

By Josh Baakko (208.5.148.244) on Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 11:13 pm:

Yes I am... I'm attempting to find pre-designed ones as I'm iffy about custom designing my own, unsure if I'd get them correct. I'm planning to offer as many Copper Range related items as I can in my online store. So anything of interest I'd like to know about it. I also want to offer the pre-cut cars, and Custom Craftsman Kits, such as offering a Stewart DS-4-4-1000 or S12 with the decal sheet, paints, required details, instructions, DCC, and a painting guide with included masking guides.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.