Red Ridge Dam/ RR Trestle

The CopperRange.org Discussion Board: Save the Redridge Dam: Red Ridge Dam/ RR Trestle
By Cindy Miller on Thursday, December 06, 2001 - 12:44 am:

Hello! I am hoping there is someone here who can help me get started on a project to save the dam in Red Ridge where the train used to go through on the way to Freda Park. The Mi DEQ has served Stanton Township with an order to "Remove, Replace or Rebuild" the wooden crib dam built across the Salmon Trout Creek. I would appreciate anyones thoughts on who to contact, ideas on what we could do with the site, where to generate funds for such a project. Please contact me at camiller@pasty.com Thank You! Cindy Miller, Stanton Township

By margaret Windsor on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 7:48 pm:

Cindy-
I have loved that dam for more than 20 years, and I would love to help. Please let me know what I can do.
Margaret

By CindyM on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 8:19 am:

Hi Margaret! thanks for your support! As of now we are still in planning stages, we have made initial contacts with MTU's civil engineers and the Historical Preservation office. As we get more of a plan, I will keep Kevin updated and you can follow it here- he has been most generous! For now, I need your ideas, what you wish to happen there. Cindy

By Sandy Salmi on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 9:51 am:

Hi,
Every time I'm in the Copper Country, I drive out and photograph the dam, the beautiful shoreline of Lake Superior ... I think the whole area is under utilized. Good luck.
Sandy Salmi
Toronto

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.