January 2003 Photo (Redridge Church)

The CopperRange.org Discussion Board: Featured Photo of the Month: January 2003 Photo (Redridge Church)
By Kevin E. Musser (Admin) (66.188.55.145) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 11:36 am:

Returning this month to the Postcard collection of Robert Bice. If you recall or check the Discussion Board you will remember in November I started to post this collection. This view is of the Congregational Church in Redridge. The Finish Evangelical Chruch can be seen on the right (the only church extant in Redridge today, although bearly). The Woodmen's Hall is directly behind the Congregational Chruch. (Postcard from the Robert Bice collection) The larger part of this collection are tinted photographs (sold as postcards) taken by D. D. Scott in the early 1900's most in the Calumet area. My favorite is of a string of C&H concentrate cars heading for the smelter. Check them all out at the Keweenaw Photoshop.

By Thomas C. Roberts (67.38.174.254) on Monday, January 13, 2003 - 11:46 am:

Kevin`: The church photo is great! I like the C&H shot even better - great closeup of the locomotive. Now that I am retired, maybe I can look at your site more often.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.