December 2002 Photo (Copper Range #25)

The CopperRange.org Discussion Board: Featured Photo of the Month: December 2002 Photo (Copper Range #25)
By Kevin E. Musser (Admin) (66.227.205.19) on Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 6:58 pm:

Once again Bill Buhrmaster offers us a seldom seen view of Copper Range #25. It is usually difficult to get any photos of this car as it spends most of it's time in a building on display in North Freedom. However, in August of this year they took it out for a couple of days as part of a wood car weekend. He also included an interior view of this car which you can view here. Also included were two new photos of the progress of the restoration of Copper Range #60. I almost fell over when I saw what wonderful work the folks at North Freedom have done with this car, especially if you remember some eariler photos when they had just gotten started. Bill states that the restoration will be 100% complete by June 2003, the focus of the restoration is to get it back to what it looked like during WWII when the Copper Range was using it for the reinstatement of passenger service (although I doubt it looked this good). Once complete the car will be stored along with #25 in the museum's Coach Shed building. Many thanks to Bill for sending these photos and many thanks to Bill and the team at North Freedom for all their hard work, it is really paying off. Please stop by my Copper Range #60 page to see the new photos of the current status. Happy Holidays from my family to yours.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.