October 2002 Photo (Main Street Central)

The CopperRange.org Discussion Board: Featured Photo of the Month: October 2002 Photo (Main Street Central)
By Kevin E. Musser (Admin) (24.247.81.11) on Sunday, October 06, 2002 - 6:28 am:

Main Street, Central Location in the 1960's. A photo taken by Neil Fleming. Check back for the entire collection of Neil's photos of the Keweenaw area in the 1960's. Thank you Neil for your great photos of days gone by.

By Marc (192.23.217.227) on Wednesday, October 23, 2002 - 6:03 am:

Very cool photo! I took my kids to the historical school day event this summer, in Central. It was a wonderful day for the children as well as informative and entertaining for my wife and I. I'm sorry to say, I can't remember the names of the ladies who put on that special day, but thanks to all involved!! MS-offshore GoM/Tamarack City

By Paul Meier (12.158.3.254) on Thursday, October 31, 2002 - 7:14 pm:

Check out Neil's other photos in the Photoshop. The stone building at Phoenix was part of the mine and railroad facilities there. It's last use was part of the Keweenaw Copper and Keweenaw Central shops and yard. The Torch Lake hid for years in the enginehouse that stood just out og the picture. When I was a kid, you could still find ties in thr ground right in front of this building. M-26 improvements have ruined it all, but the Mine Office and Doctor's office are still in existance. Note the shafthouse C&H pushed over - this was the early '60's.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.