March 2002 Photo (The end of an era on the Copper Range)

The CopperRange.org Discussion Board: Featured Photo of the Month: March 2002 Photo (The end of an era on the Copper Range)
By Kevin E. Musser (Admin) (207.158.136.108) on Friday, March 01, 2002 - 2:30 pm:

From Mark Suokas comes a glimpse into the end of an era in Copper Country railroading. The date is July 9, 1972, a few months before the end of operations on the Copper Range, as these coaches take their last ride down the line to McKeever. Sold off (to where I am not sure, any help?) and gone forever. The photo was taken in South Range along with another photo of the trailing end of this train and CRRR caboose 605. Many thanks to Mark for passing these photos along for all of us to share.

By Tim Lab (Tlab) (65.176.144.249) on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 10:07 pm:

I would like to comment on the photos showing Coach 60, Concession Car 56 and the steel Soo Line combine. I am not sure of the exact date that this picture was taken, but it wasn't in July. This was probably the move of Trans Northern Equipment to the E&LS. Only a few years earlier it was the reverse, as we went to McKeever to pick up business car #99 from the CB&Q for use in Calumet.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.