In 1917 Earl Case opened the Case Lumber Company at a place named Beaver, moving it from Kingsley Michigan. It was served by the Copper Range Railroad, shuttling 7-8 cars per day in and out of the little booming town that was renamed Donken after Earl's two son's DONald and KENneth. This photo of the Case mill was taken prior to 1944 as in that year the mill was puchased by Vulcan Company. Vulcan continued to provide lumber, almost 21,000,000 board feet per year, until 1966 when it closed for good. (Julie Schopieray Collection).